Responsible for consultative services involved with research design, improving methods, and enhancing research projects and programs.
Typical functions are listed within the level descriptor below and are examples of work performed by positions in the level and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Some duties may overlap levels; however, the preponderance of the work will be assessed when assigning positions to the specific levels.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
Listed below are the minimum requirements for this role. KSAs will become more advanced as the level increases and will vary depending on the requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of research methods and statistical analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to review ideas and work of others and collaborate or give constructive input.
- Participates in the design, development, methods, and data analysis of research projects as a consultant to researchers.
- Leads consultative services for research projects and participates as a co-author on projects.
- Provides advice, guidance, and direction to others conducting research.
- Reviews and analyzes ongoing research projects/programs and develops solutions to improve methods or outcomes.
- Designs and develops various software including databases and computer programming.
- Works with limited supervision while making frequent independent judgments and decisions.
- Guidance is often limited to only the most complex issues and scenarios.
Typically requires a master’s degree in a relevant field and five years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience as a scientist, statistician, or research analyst.
Market Range: MR13
Effective Date: January 4, 2021