Social Services Professional
Responsible for delivering professional functions in a specialized social services area. Competencies for this role are usually gained through formal education, specialized training, and/or experience in a program or specialty area specific to the position responsibilities. Specialized and progressively responsible experience is required as the level increases.
Typical functions listed below are examples of work performed by positions in this role and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Some duties may overlap levels; however, the preponderance of the work will be assessed when assigning positions to specific levels.
- Determines eligibility for services.
- Refers clients to services within the community.
- Provides case management and early intervention services.
- Conducts intake assessments and develops action plans.
- Performs assessments and evaluations, and completes surveys.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with local resources and other stakeholders.
- Prepares communication materials.
- Prepares and implements evaluation and data collection tools.
- Prepares, analyzes, and submits reports and data to meet federal requirements.
- Prepares and implements training plans for agencies.
- Conducts training.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
Listed below are the minimum requirements for this role. KSAs will become more advanced as the level increases and will vary depending on the requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of a specialized social services area.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of referral processes.
- Observation skills.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences.
Social Services Professional 1
- Provides limited program services and technical assistance in a defined area of specialization.
- Prepares, implements, and delivers programs and trainings based on needs assessments.
- Works under general supervision.
- Monitors client compliance with court orders and agreements.
- Provides consultation on client progress.
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and two years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Applicable certification may be required.
Market Range: MR07
Social Services Professional 2
- Provides services for, and oversees multiple programs/projects.
- Provides coaching, consultation, and professional development to agencies in area of expertise.
- Performs needs assessments and develops and implements strategies to meet focused needs.
- Directs and coordinates initiatives.
- Supports strategic planning to help agencies meet desired outcomes.
- Monitors and evaluates applicable policies and procedures associated with state and local agencies.
- Develops assessment policies and procedures.
- Develops training material.
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and four years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Applicable certification/license may be required.
Market Range: MR09
Effective Date: January 4, 2021