Responsible for performing technical duties in the installation, maintenance, and service of electronic equipment and systems. Competencies for this role are usually gained through specialized or on-the-job training.
Typical functions are listed within the level descriptor(s) below and are examples of work performed by positions in the level and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Some duties may overlap levels; however, the preponderance of the work will be assessed when assigning positions to the specific levels.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
Listed below are the minimum requirements for this role. KSAs will become more advanced as the level increases and will vary depending on the requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
- Knowledge of applicable standards for the area of work.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to use light equipment.
- Ability to give instruction and train others.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Ability to wear protective gear.
- Performs technical duties in the installation, maintenance, and service of equipment and systems.
- Performs inspections, repairs, and testing of equipment and various systems.
- Conducts training.
- Inspects work areas to ensure standards are met, and reports issues to the supervisor.
- Provides technical guidance and direction.
- Acknowledges limitations, and requests assistance and direction from the supervisor when necessary.
- Notifies supervisor of unsafe conditions or items in need of repair.
- Decisions include appropriate tools and products to perform duties.
Typically requires a high school diploma and two years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Relevant certification may be required.
Market Range: MR06
Effective Date: January 4, 2021