Responsible for providing technical support for procurement functions.
Typical functions are listed within the level descriptors below and are examples of work performed by positions in the level and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Some duties may overlap levels; however, the preponderance of the work will be assessed when assigning positions to the specific levels.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
Listed below are the minimum requirements for this role. KSAs will become more advanced as the level increases and will vary depending on the requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of procurement practices.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to learn specialized purchasing software.
- Researches products for availability, compliance with standards, and pricing.
- Processes and submits requisitions for purchases.
- Acknowledges receipt of purchases and reconciles invoices with requisitions.
- Submits invoices to accounts payable for payment.
- Conducts informal bids.
- Maintains vendor relations by resolving problems with orders.
- Prepares and submits requests for quotations (RFQ), requests for proposals (RFP), requests for qualified suppliers, and requests for information.
- Submits requisitions to the purchasing office for blanket purchase orders.
- Provides training and technical assistance to end-users.
- Negotiates on pricing and delivery costs.
- Works under delegated purchasing authority.
- Refers unusual situations to management or procurement office.
Typically requires a high school diploma and one year of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Market Range: MR05
Effective Date: January 4, 2021