Instructions (for the full list of rules and policies, please click here)
- Do you meet the criteria?
a. Are you a regular, non-exempt UT employee? (Part-time is acceptable–your benefit amount will be prorated based on percentage of effort.)
b. Have you worked for UT at least six months?
c. Have you already received CDF funds during the current fiscal year? (Your limit is $150/fiscal year.)
d. Are you taking the CAP or CPA exam? (Remember that you may only be reimbursed one time during your employment at UT for the CAP, CPA, or other similar exams.)
e. Do you work at UT Chattanooga? (UTC operates its own, separate fund. Contact Julie Brown, email@example.com, for details.)
- Apply to the fund at least three weeks prior to your event. Download an application HERE. Obtain your supervisor’s signature, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include documentation from the event organizer that describes the program in which you are participating. Website screenshots are acceptable.
- Once the CDF committee has approved your application, you will receive an approval letter and a blank reimbursement form for your use.
- Within 30 days after your event has ended, fill out and submit the reimbursement form to email@example.com, along with any applicable receipts, credit card statements, etc.
- Your reimbursement will be paid in the same manner that you receive your UT paycheck (i.e., usually a direct deposit). You can expect this payment approximately two weeks after your reimbursement request has been accepted.
Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer in order to view and print the CDF Application. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed on your computer, click here to be directed to the Adobe site where you can download the free software.
If you have questions or need additional information regarding the Career Development Fund, please contact:
Employee & Organizational Development
220 Conference Center Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-4125
Phone: (865) 974-6657
Fax: (865) 974-9715
For UTSI, you may alternatively contact:
411 B.H. Goethert Parkway, MS11
Tullahoma, TN 37388-9700
Phone: (931) 393-7226
Fax: (931) 393-7268