Updates and Life-Changing Events
If you’ve recently moved, married or gone through another significant life change, remember to update your personal information with the University at UT’s employee self-service portal. Keep information such as your address, phone number and emergency contact updated at all times. Updating your name and address with UT will automatically update your health insurance provider and Empower Retirement (401(k) & 457 plans). For the Optional Retirement Program: TIAA, VALIC, VOYA, log into your account with your chosen vendor to update your address.
Reminder: Keep Your Beneficiary Designations Current
Life changes such as marriage, divorce, adoption and birth can affect beneficiary designations with your life insurance and retirement policies. To confirm or update beneficiaries, contact each benefit provider directly or log into your account and make most changes online.
- Empower Retirement (401(k) & 457 plans)
- Deferred Compensation (403(b): Ameriprise, Fidelity Investments, TIAA, VALIC, VOYA
- Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS/TCRS Hybrid)
- Optional Retirement Program: TIAA, VALIC, VOYA
Quick Guide: Steps to Adding a New Child to Insurance
- Contact your campus insurance office within 30 days of the birth. The 30 days includes the date of birth.
- Complete the enrollment form, the basic life application, and provide a copy of the birth certificate (the Mother’s Copy issued by the hospital is fine)
- Within 60 days of your newborn’s date of birth, contact your campus insurance office with the child’s Social Security number. The state’s Benefits Administration Office will provide a temporary SSN since the processing time is six to eight weeks.
Submitting paperwork and documentation to your campus insurance office, beyond 30 days, will be rejected by the State and your infant can not be enrolled until the next Annual Enrollment period, for an effective date of 1/1/ of the next year.