Senior Library Associate II
Performs and provides work direction to others engaged in highly specialized library tasks such as acquisitions, cataloging, and circulation.
- Utilizes a variety of automated and print resources to identify, locate, and purchase monographic materials in all formats and all languages.
- Performs original cataloging for all formats of monographic materials, including assignment of call numbers and subject headings; resolves complex bibliographic problems.
- Organizes and processes manuscript collections; creates guides, bibliographies and other reference sources which provide access to a specialized area.
- Provides technical support for the management of gifts and book sale materials.
- Provides specialized reference service using a high level of expertise in a subject, language, or discipline.
- Recommends acquisition of books, maps, prints, and manuscripts to a library based on review of dealer catalogs, advertisements, and professional journals.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and four-five years library experience. Two years of
experience equates to one year of post-high school education.
Knowledge of library automated functions.
Knowledge of cataloging rules, regulations, and resources including OCLC, LC
classification and subject heads, and MARC tags.
Knowledge of library policies and procedures.