Senior IT Technologist II
Provides guidance and direction with existing and emerging technologies in a complex computing environment; maintains information technology equipment and resources; supervises and coordinates the design, configuration, troubleshooting, operation, modification, and repair of hardware and software; performs problem resolution for operating systems, applications, hardware and networking; evaluates and monitors IT equipment and resources; problem solves; writes and modifies code; supervises, trains, and participates in staff development; assists with project coordination, scheduling, and general management.
- Provides consultation to customers as to design, development, and implementation of technology equipment and resources.
- Provides technology engineering expertise to outside professional vendors.
- Supervises and manages employees in the implementation of technology solutions and systems.
- Coordinates projects with external professional vendors.
- Provides programming of technology equipment.
- Designs independently and recommends the bidding process and purchase of communication and electronic equipment or related accessories.
- Possesses both specific and universal knowledge in technical areas and knowledge of purchasing of equipment for large expenditures and complex projects.
- Provides broad and specific technical guidance and direction to co-workers in solving complex level technical problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.