Oversees an assigned area of the police department. Supervises designated personnel, including hiring, firing, performance evaluations, and disciplinary action. Ensures shifts are staffed properly. Responds to emergency situations; takes command on-site as required. Provides work direction, management, and oversight to designated personnel.
- Oversees and manages a specific section of the police department.
- Makes decisions regarding the daily operations of the section.
- Makes decisions on upgrades for technology and equipment.
- Reviews purchases and payroll for section.
- Works special events and makes decisions pertaining to it. Refers complex decisions to Assistant Chief of Police.
- Provides information about The University of Tennessee to students, staff, and the general public.
- Handles employee disputes which the Lieutenant or Sergeant cannot resolve.
- Assigns the correct number and placement of officers for special events.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Must be able to certify as officer and qualify with firearm, plus ten years of experience in law enforcement.