Media Specialist III
Performs complex technical media tasks associated with one or more of the following activities: photography, radio, television, audio-visual production, electronic media, and exhibit preparation.
- Designs, creates, and updates audio/video materials.
- Consults with faculty, staff, researchers, and students on design and production of media.
- Plans, scripts, and creates digital video recordings.
- Provides post-production services to complete the assigned projects.
- Edits, finalizes, and distributes work products.
- Completes projects within the necessary time frame.
- Manages web page content.
- Works with personnel to draft, edit, and upload web page content.
- Researches, recommends, purchases, installs, operates, and maintains equipment and software.
- Maintains necessary inventory of media equipment and supplies.
- Maintains collection of video tapes and other materials.
- Picks up and delivers equipment and supplies
- Creates specialized graphics, animation, audio, and video.
- Performs administrative and financial responsibilities.
- Interacts with other media-related positions to accomplish objectives.
- Researches and write proposals.
- May have signature authority and maintain appropriate documentation for purchases.
- Trains support staff and other equipment users.
- Reviews production to ensure objectives are attained.
- May review budget and expenditures for programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and seven years experience in field or completion of specialized training plus four years experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.