Library Supervisor I
Supervises and participates in the activities of a library unit or area.
- Supervises staff, students, and/or services of complex library unit such as reference, circulation, interlibrary loan, reserve, media center, and stacks maintenance. Trains and evaluates staff performance.
- Provides technical assistance and basic reference services for users and staff.
- Coordinates media booking processes; maintains non-print materials and equipment; assists in identifying and locating audiovisual materials for patrons.
- Coordinates projects with other library units and departments.
- Resolves patron problems and complaints.
- Plans, schedules, and organizes work activities to meet unit goals and objectives.
- Interprets and enforces library and university policy and recommends policy revision to library department head.
- Reviews and negotiates requests for exceptions to library policy from patrons for the unit.
- Maintains records and collects and compiles data and produces reports relating to the responsibilities of the unit.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Knowledge of complex library services and procedures such as reference, circulation, interlibrary loan, reserve, media center, or stacks maintenance; knowledge of supervisory practices, principles, techniques, and automated library functions.