IT Specialist III
Directs and participates in the specification, analysis, design, development, maintenance, and documentation of advanced information technology services
- Tests and verifies complex technological procedures and/or evaluates and validates complex information technology processes.
- Identifies and evaluates the needs, support, and solve the information technology needs of users.
- Consults with a diverse clientele internal and external to the University.
- Provides direction and leadership in monitoring, assessing, and documenting the information technology infrastructure.
- Provides specialized services to include statistical design, network topology design, training, instructional design, graphical interface design, multimedia design, information design, information technology security design, incident response, intrusion detection analysis, forensic analysis, policy development, web application design, developing web services, and perform web programming.
- Manages and maintains large sized projects with significant degree of independence.
- Responds to medium-scale technical issues without supervision; responds to large-scale technical issues with minimum supervision.
- Possesses in-depth industry knowledge.
- Researches and trains on new technologies as appropriate.
- Performs advanced level analysis and extensive problem solving as necessary to complete specific assignments.
- Plans and coordinates projects as assigned.
- Provides guidance to colleagues and users.
- May serve as project lead on large sized projects.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and seven-eight years of experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.