IT Specialist II
Participates significantly in the analysis, design, maintenance, and documentation of intermediate level information technology services.
- Tests and verifies intermediate level technological procedures and/or evaluates intermediate level information technology processes.
- Identifies, evaluates, supports, and solves the information technology needs of users.
- Consults with a diverse clientele internal to the University.
- Monitors, assesses, and documents information technology infrastructure.
- Provides specialized services to include statistical design, network topology design, training, instructional design, graphical interface design, multimedia design, information design, information technology security design, incident response, intrusion detection analysis, web application design, developing web services, and perform web programming.
- Manages and maintains intermediate sized projects with intermediate degree of independence.
- Responds to small scale technical issues with minimum supervision.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of industry and information technology infrastructure devices.
- Researches and trains on new technologies as requested.
- Performs intermediate level analysis and problem solving as necessary to complete specific assignments.
- Provides input on project planning.
- Provides guidance to colleagues and users.
- May serve as lead on small to medium size projects.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and five-six years of experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.