Manages and oversees the functions of the information technology needs, human resources, and facilities of a complex unit.
- Manages the functions of the information technology needs of the user community; manages employees performing these services.
- Identifies, evaluates, supports, and solves complex issues related to area of expertise.
- Develops and expands professional and leadership skills.
- Makes decisions independently.
- Provides in-depth industry knowledge to identify strategic areas of development.
- Researches and trains on new technologies and management procedures as appropriate.
- Performs advanced analysis and problem solving to complete specific assignments.
- Plans and coordinates projects as assigned.
- Provides guidance to colleagues and users.
- May serve as project lead on any size project.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and six-seven years of experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.