Provides specialized interpretation/transcription services to students, staff, and visitors to the University.
- Provides specialized interpretation/transcription services in classes, University- sponsored workshops, concerts, plays/theatrical presentations, University- sponsored community activities, counseling center appointments, conferences, etc.
- Prepares for interpretation services by researching subject(s), reading textbooks and articles, watch videos, preview plays, and rehearse musical interpretations.
- Assists with providing basic sign language instruction and training sessions in the use of TTY for University personnel as needed.
- Transcribes subject material and edits transcripts to ensure clarity and accuracy.
- Supervises, mentors, schedules, and evaluates interpreting/transcribing student interns and mentoring students.
- Works with University committees to develop programs dealing with issues regarding accessibility to the University community.
- Presents, hosts, and attends field-related workshops.
- Attends national, regional, and local field-related conferences.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree or equivalent and a minimum of six years experience in interpreting and completion of transcribing training. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills. Good typing and proofreading skills.