Provides interpretation/transcription services to students, staff, and visitors to the University.
- Provides interpretation/transcription services in classes, University-sponsored workshops, concerts, plays/theatrical presentations, University-sponsored community activities, counseling center appointments, conferences, etc.
- Prepares for interpretation services by researching subject(s), reading textbooks and articles, watch videos, preview plays, and rehearse musical interpretations.
- Transcribes subject material and edits transcripts to ensure clarity and accuracy.
- Supervises, mentors, schedules, and evaluates interpreting/transcribing interns.
- Performs various office functions as necessary.
- Presents, hosts, and attends field-related workshops.
- Attends national, regional, and local field-related conferences.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree or equivalent and a minimum of five years experience in interpreting and completion of transcribing training. Interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills. Good typing and proofreading skills.