Head Coach & Associate Director
Oversees an athletic sport or unit within the athletic program. Recruits athletes, motivates and prepares athletes for competition, and oversees the daily management. Provides guidance and direction to designated personnel.
- Plans, administers, and directs intercollegiate athletic activities in college or university.
- Interprets and participates in formulating extramural athletic policies.
- Employs and discharges coaching staff and other department employees on own initiative or at direction of board in charge of athletics.
- Directs preparation and dissemination of publicity to promote athletic events.
- Plans and coordinates activities of coaching staff.
- Prepares budget and authorizes department expenditures.
- Plans and schedules sports events, and oversees ticket sales activities.
- Certifies reports of income produced from ticket sales.
- Analyzes performance and instructs players in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition.
- Observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement.
- Coaches players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
- Oversees daily practice of players to instruct them in areas of deficiency.
- Determines strategy during game, independently or in conference with others based on factors as weakness in opposing team.
- Recruits athletes.
- Supervises and coordinates activities daily activities for coaches, assistants, and students.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree and seven-ten years experience in athletic management and/or coaching.