Provides highly skilled, original and creative graphics for the production of publications and electronic communication media.
- Plans and coordinates graphic design and production details for university and departmental publications and other graphic materials.
- Supplies design ideas, layouts comps, fits copy, suggests either illustrations or photography or combinations of both to support the design idea.
- Meets with group to discuss ideas, note any alterations, budget limitations, and deadlines before beginning production of materials.
- Selects materials for final product.
- Prepares specifications for quotes from various film engravers, printers, and vendors pertaining to each production job.
- Prepares computer layout of the project and executes production of same.
- Prepares images for digital usage, including scanning and digital manipulation of images.
- Oversees production of illustrations with outside vendors and schedules and attends photo shoot for photography.
- Works with printers to prepare itemized written estimates for clients.
- Maintains client files for various proof changes, spec or quantity changes.
- May produce designs for web sites.
- May provide supervision to personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and five-six years experience in related field. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.