Plans, implements, and directs all administrative, educational, and technical activities of a major unit within the university to include budget, personnel, strategic planning, and staffing. This major unit may consist of one or more related or unrelated areas. The Executive Director usually reports to a member of the senior staff.
- Assists senior staff with making plans and sets policy for university fundraising.
- Oversees annual and long-range program planning and goals.
- Supervises reporting and administrative record keeping to established university policies and procedures.
- Develops and supports university mission, strategy, and activities.
- Works with Vice Chancellor to set mission and develop strategies.
- Ensures that work activities support the strategy and mission.
- Develops programs to fulfill the university mission.
- Convenes meetings and events to set agenda and priorities.
- Designs and facilitates working group sessions as necessary.
- Reviews event outcomes with Vice Chancellor to ensure progress is accomplished and identifies ways to improve.
- Manages and coordinates all activities.
- Ensures that necessary staff members are in place to support mission and activities.
- Sets strategy, timelines and desired outcomes for various programs and ensures that goals are met.
- Coordinates work and activities to develop points of view, solutions and strategies for improving health care.
- Develops and executes strategies for disseminating information to appropriate leaders, policy makers, influencers and industry leaders.
- Ensures that demonstration projects are effectively coordinated and supported.
- Develops strategies for communications and public relations.
- Actively promotes the agenda and mission of the university.
- Oversees financial operations and develops budget.
- Identifies and pursues grant opportunities to support programs and operations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree and seven-eight years of managerial experience.
Executive & Managerial