Executive Associate Dean
Provides support to the dean. Acts in dean’s place when necessary.
- Directs and coordinates budget preparation and administration for the university.
- Analyzes and prepares materials for forecast; consults with departments on needs and limitations; prepares and distributes budget information to departments; runs trial budgets.
- Reviews and analyzes departmental organizational and operational responsibilities and needs; makes recommendations to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of administrative support activities.
- Analyzes policy decisions to determine short term and long range financial and organizational implications and prepares related reports reflecting recommendations and conclusions.
- Assists departments in preparing annual budget recommendations to include salaried and non-salaried items.
- Monitors budgets to include faculty, staff and biweekly salaried and non-salaried items; reviews and approves budgeted actions; analyzes and prepares recommendations to the dean on non-budgeted actions.
- Ensures compliance with established budgets and operational plans; investigates variances and recommends solutions.
- Makes work assignments and reviews work of subordinate office employees. Advises and directs departmental administrative personnel.
- Serves as substitute for dean when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Doctorate and nine-ten years of experience.
Executive & Managerial