Provides complex engineering expertise, generally in a specialty such as civil, mechanical, etc. Provides guidance and direction to designated personnel.
- Participates in the complex design, planning, evaluation, procurement, construction, operation and maintenance of the university.
- Reviews and coordinates mechanical plans with architectural plans, specifications and equipment for new installations and renovations; inspects projects during and following installation and advises as to compliance with specifications prior to university acceptance.
- Provides guidelines for future project planning, design, construction and maintenance, under university standards.
- Determines fiscal requirements for mechanical and electrical systems and office personnel; submits budgetary recommendations.
- Advises and assists with problems involving mechanical maintenance such as, but not restricted to, psychometrics, fluid flow and mechanical control systems.
- Prepares reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree, state of Tennessee licensure, and seven-eight years engineering experience.