Provides advanced engineering expertise, generally in a specialty such as civil, mechanical, etc. May act as lead employee.
- Participates in the design, planning, evaluation, procurement, construction, operation and maintenance of the university.
- Reviews and coordinates mechanical plans with architectural plans, specifications and equipment for new installations and renovations; inspects projects during and following installation and advises as to compliance with specifications prior to university acceptance.
- Assists in the establishment of university standards to provide guidelines for future project planning, design, construction and maintenance.
- Determines fiscal requirements for mechanical and electrical systems and office personnel; submits budgetary recommendations.
- Advises and assists with problems involving mechanical maintenance such as, but not restricted to, steam, air distribution and mechanical control systems.
- Prepares reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree, state of Tennessee licensure, and six-seven years engineering experience.