Provides engineering expertise, generally in a specialty area such as civil, mechanical, etc. Requires State of Tennessee licensure.
- Coordinates and monitors the execution, completion and inspection of special maintenance, replacement, upgrading, and renovation of university buildings to include cost estimation and requisitioning of specialized equipment.
- Reviews and coordinates structural plans with architectural plans, specifications and equipment for new construction and renovations; inspects projects during and following construction and advises as to compliance with specifications prior to University acceptance.
- Maintains liaison between members of the university community and outside contractors.
- Coordinates resolution of special construction problems.
- Coordinates with university personnel and outside contractors on construction and renovation projects.
- Monitors, examines, and verifies funds to established project budgets.
- Prepares reports, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree, state of Tennessee, and six-seven years engineering experience.