Oversees aspects of a museum or gallery and its collection, which includes collections management, exhibition preparation, information processing and dissemination, and implements the museum or gallery’s programs.
- Performs and/or oversees aspects of collections management including research on individual objects, production of insurance and gift record reports (as needed), management of art storage facilities, and management of gallery’s computer database system.
- Oversees the preparation of in-house and contracted art exhibitions, which includes research and writing, preparation of exhibition labels and other didactic exhibition elements.
- Corresponds with artists, scholars, donors, and art dealers, as well as arrangements for transportation of art objects, and insurance.
- Assists in overseeing student and volunteer assistants.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Master’s degree in related field with three years of managerial experience.
- Knowledge of professional museum principles, practices and procedures.
Academic & Instructional Support