Performs routine seamstress duties on costumes for University theatrical productions under close supervision. This is an entry level position.
- Assists costume designer in the fitting of costumes to performers; performs duties including cutting, sewing, fitting, painting, distressing, and pressing; may mend or modify existing costumes.
- Assists in performing special costuming duties to include wig dressing, hat making, corsetry, leather crafting, shoe making, dyeing, jewelry making, fiberglass and celastic construction.
- Maintains inventory of costumes, related accessories, and costume shop supplies; ensures cleaning and mending of costumes as necessary; ensures necessary maintenance on sewing machines and other equipment.
- May provide technical guidance and direction to students and wardrobe “running crews.”
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for- year basis.
Skilled Craft (non-supervisory)