Plans, organizes, directs, and maintains the accounting and financial reporting functions of the university and operational activities of the Controller’s Office.
- Oversees and manages the university’s accounting system to produce reports necessary for an institution of higher education.
- Coordinates and administers plan for the creation and control of accounting operations.
- Writes and updates university fiscal policies as required.
- Provides external and internal official accounting reports, including annual audited financial statements and serves as external auditor liaison.
- Oversees accounting process and control, including master data creation, bank account reconciliation and control, draw of state appropriations, and monthly accounting close activities.
- Oversees plant and equipment accounting including all capital outlay and capital maintenance accounting, all debt accounting, equipment accounting and cost accounting.
- Oversees sponsored project management, including federal financial compliance for costing and effort reporting.
- Ensures tax and regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Provides for all federal payroll and Unified Business Identifier (UBI) tax payments and filings, Internal Revenue Service liaison, subcontract monitoring, cost accounting disclosure statements, Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) reporting and Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) reporting.
- Compares performance with operating plans and standards. Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management.
- Advises management regarding variances to budget.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of ten years experience in responsible management within accounting or finance and a CPA license.