Oversees a portion of an athletic sport while working under the guidance of a coach or head coach. May assist with recruitment of athletes; motivates and prepares athletes for competition; and oversees the daily management of a sport.
- Analyzes performance and instructs players in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition.
- Observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement.
- Coaches players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
- Oversees daily practice of specific group of players to instruct them in areas of deficiency.
- Determines strategy during game, independently or in conference with others based on factors as weakness in opposing team.
- Recruits athletes.
- Supervises and coordinates activities daily activities for assistant coaches, assistants, and students.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and two years experience as a coach and/or player.