Provides expert advice in chemistry dealing with the composition and properties of substances.
- Conducts research, analysis, synthesis, and experimentation on substances for such purposes as product and process development and application, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and improvement of analytical methodologies.
- Develops formulas, processes, and methods for solution of technical problems.
- Analyzes organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties.
- Induces changes in composition of substances by introduction of heat, light, energy, and chemical catalysts.
- Conducts research on manufactured products to develop and improve products.
- Conducts research into composition, structure, properties, relationships, and reactions of matter.
- Confers with scientists and engineers regarding research, and prepares technical papers and reports.
- Prepares standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree and five-six years of experience.