Athletics Trainer II
Oversees a specific area of training or sport while working under the guidance of the head trainer or a trainer.
- Completes assessments using the appropriate testing method and equipment for student athletes’ diagnosis.
- Supervises the treatment of injuries using the appropriate medical guidelines.
- Facilitates healthcare information among patient/student-athlete, family, and appropriate staff.
- Interprets the results of assessment and their significance to patient/student-athlete, family, healthcare team, and appropriate staff.
- Formulates functional treatment plan and provides rehabilitation programs.
- Identifies and recommends the needs for referral to other services as indicated.
- Selects interventions and modify the treatment plan as needed.
- Provides education/consultation to patient/ student-athlete, family, team and community.
- Communicates functional impact of finds to patient/student-athlete, family, healthcare team, and appropriate staff.
- Avails to team practices and games as required by athletic training room and athletic department.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree and one-two years experience.