Assistant Executive Director
Provides unit-wide support in the planning, management, supervision of staff, and operation of a major department at the university. May have responsibility for a specific function of a major department. Provides guidance and direction to designated personnel.
- Develops goals and objectives for the department based on interpretation of institutional policy and goals.
- Initiates changes in or develops new policies, procedures and/or methods.
- Analyzes long-range impact of decisions and plans.
- Ensures the most effective operations of the department through program development, process improvement and coordination/integration of processes with other departments.
- Participates on departmental and/or interdepartmental committees to address problems and facilitate information exchange about programs, problems, etc. Provides information to others to explain/clarify problems, issues or requests.
- Participates in periodic management meetings to keep top management informed of department problems and concerns.
- Defines and achieves financial targets in support of business goals of the institution.
- Prepares an annual operating budget for a unit or department, including direct labor, material and supplies, services, equipment maintenance and replacement.
- Establishes and evaluates standards of performance to ensure safe, effective, and efficient operation of the department.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree and four-five years of related managerial experience.
Executive & Managerial