Provides professional expertise in the assistance of the editing of books, papers and publications including e-publications.
- Prepares written material for publication.
- Rewrites or modifies copy to conform to publication’s style and editorial policy and marks copy for typesetter, using standard symbols to indicate how type should be set. Coordinates copyright releases.
- Coordinates the ordering and distribution of reprints.
- Prepares reports and documentation as required
- Reads copy to detect errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Verifies facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Confers with authors regarding changes made to manuscript.
- Selects and crops photographs and illustrative materials to conform to space and subject matter requirements.
- Prepares page layouts to position and space articles and illustrations.
- Writes or rewrites headlines, captions, columns, articles, and stories according to publication requirements.
- Reads and evaluate submitted manuscripts.
- Ensures deadlines are met.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and five years experience or completion of specialized training plus four years experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.