Accounting Supervisor III
Supervises, coordinates, and participates in advanced financial and accounting activities such as grant and contract reporting, budget preparation, cashiering, or payroll.
- Supervises the maintenance of accounting, financial, and payroll activities according to established practices and procedures; provides support for a university department or unit.
Performs majority of generally semi-routine accounting duties under the direction of supervisor and established practices and procedures.
- Makes decisions within the limits defined by policies and procedures set up by the department. Sometimes adopts or modifies methods and standards to meet a variation in controlling conditions. Refers complex decisions to Accounting Supervisor IV.
- Leads accounting group. Assigns and checks work. Performs the same or closely related work as those supervised. Supervises advanced administrative and/or clerical duties.
- Posts to journals, ledgers, or unit records using standardized routines or system-wide electronic system.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and five-six years accounting experience. Two years of
experience equates to one year of post-high school education.