Accounting Specialist III
Coordinates and participates in complex accounting, budgeting, payroll, or other financial functions.
- Performs semi-routine accounting activities in financial, accounting, grants and contract reporting, and budget preparation and maintenance according to established practices and procedures.
- Makes decisions within the limits defined by policies and procedures.
- Adopts or modifies methods and standards to meet a variation in controlling conditions.
- May lead accounting group. Assigns and checks work. Performs the same of closely related work as those supervised.
- Supervises complex accounting, financial, payroll, or budgeting activities.
- Posts to journals, ledgers, or unit records using standardized routines or system-wide electronic system.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and five-six years accounting experience. Two years of experience equates to one year of post-high school education.