Under direct supervision and detailed instructions, performs basic bookkeeping or cashiering duties.
- Performs a variety of well defined repetitive duties, such as maintaining simple financial records; compiles information for reports and financial statements from records.
- Processes receipts and payments.
- Allocates charges to accounts.
- Posts to journals, ledgers, or unit records using standardized routines or system-wide electronic system.
- Assists in the reconciliation of bank accounts or ledger accounts.
- Follows standard practices in maintaining simple financial records.
- Refers all questions to the supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree. Two years experience equates to one year of post-high school education.