Academic Support Coordinator I
Supervises the operations of teaching laboratory services or tutoring programs. Provides technical support and student laboratory instructions.
- Confers with faculty to coordinate activities of sessions and utilization of time, equipment, and facilities.
- Provides technical guidance and adaptive strategies concerning laboratory experiments or tutoring intervention.
- Assesses progress of laboratory or tutoring activities; suggests modification of techniques or strategies to improve end results.
- Reviews and recommends budget expenditures.
- Assists with recruitment, training, and supervision of designated staff.
- Assists in the preparation laboratory classes, demonstrates and instructs specific class exercises.
- Coordinates equipment concerns such as locating, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and scheduling of use.
- Provides technical support in sample collection, preservation, processing and analyses.
- Generates data reports.
- Provides safety training and laboratory orientation to new students and staff.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and six-seven years experience. Two years of experience equates to one year of post-high school education.
Academic & Instructional Support