External Training Credit
Important Notice: Changes to Additional Training Credit Request Process
Effective July 2017, employees will be able to enter their own external training credit in K@TE, the new learning management system.
EOD will accept paper Additional Training Credit (ATC forms) until July 31, 2017.
Effective August 1, 2017, employees must use the external training credit feature in the learning management system in order to submit additional training credit. An EOD staff member will approve external training credits on a weekly basis. Please allow a week for your external training credit to appear on your transcript.
About HR 128
The University encourages employees and staff to complete a minimum of 32 hours of job and career-related training per calendar year. Employees are encouraged to complete what they need to achieve growth for themselves and their departments.
If you take a job- or career-related course, or attend a conference that is not sponsored by EOD or your local HR office, you may submit the training credit for approval in K@TE, the UT learning management system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click questions to view answers.
Many opportunities are available, including the following:
- Professional development courses
- Conferences and seminars
- eLearning courses
- Training held within departments
- Training provided by outside consultants and vendors
- IRIS courses
- Computer courses
- Courses for college credit
- Departmental improvements or changes presented during a staff meeting not related to professional development
- Social organizations and church-sponsored programs
- Courses that have minimal relation to the employee’s professional role and development
With supervisory approval, courses and conferences both within and outside the University will count toward the 32 hours. To receive credit for classes taken outside your local training department, you should add external training to your transcript in K@TE, the learning management system. External training submissions are approved by EOD on a weekly basis; please allow at least one week for external training to be approved and to appear on your transcript.
- Any course, seminar, conference, or computer course you register for through our website or by calling our office.
- Any Online@EOD (Skillsoft) eLearning course.
- Any IRIS training course conducted in the IRIS Training Lab (150 Conference Center Building).
Feel free to ask your course instructor if they will be collecting attendance and submitting it to EOD for training credit. They must have contacted us in advance in order to do this.