Annual Enrollment for 2023 benefits will take place from Saturday, Oct. 1 to Friday, Oct. 14.
This is the time to choose insurance benefits or make changes to your benefits elections for 2023. There are many changes taking place this year. We want to ensure you have access to important information to make the best decisions for you and your family.
Important changes include:
- Health savings accounts (HSAs) funding for Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP or high deductible plan) members will increase. Funding will be $500 for the employee only tier and $1,000 for all other family tiers.
- Deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums for several plans will increase.
- Emergency room costs for Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans will change from copay to deductible.
- Drug costs for specialty drugs and CDHP maintenance medications are changing.
- Benefits-eligible employees will automatically have basic term life up to 1.5 times base annual salary even if not enrolled in health insurance, up to a maximum of $50,000.00.
- The vision vendor is changing to Eye Med. Current enrollees will be automatically transferred to the new vendor.
For most plan options, if you do not want to make changes to your benefits, you do not have to do anything during Annual Enrollment. If you do not make changes, you will be enrolled in the same plan options you had the prior year.
Annual Enrollment information will be sent by email only this year. Enrollment newsletters will not be mailed to home addresses.
A hub for Annual Enrollment information, including the enrollment newsletter, can be found at payroll.tennessee.edu/insurance. There you will find a step-by-step guide to enrollment and other resources to assist in benefit selection.Tags: CDHP, Employee Benefits, Insurance, PPO, Vision