Learn about UT’s Tuition Waiver Benefit
If you’ve been thinking about enrolling in for-credit courses offered by UT or a TBR institution, here’s a quick explanation of your tuition waiver benefit:
Regular full-time employees can:
- Enroll in up to 9 hours of undergraduate or graduate courses per semester at any UT campus without paying tuition fees
- Enroll in 1 course for credit per semester at any Tennessee Board of Regents school
Regular part-time employees scheduled to work 75 to 99 percent time can:
- Enroll in up to 6 hours of undergraduate or graduate courses per semester at any UT campus
Regular part-time employees scheduled to work 50 to 74 percent time can:
- Enroll in up to 4 hours of undergraduate or graduate courses per semester at any UT campus
- Some exceptions apply to programs with differential tuition, executive MBA programs and similar concentrated degree programs in which fees are in excess of the prevailing graduate fee rates.
- Employees are able to receive up to $5,250 in non-taxable graduate tuition fees in a calendar year. Fees exceeding that amount are taxable, but employees can apply for tax exemption for hours over this amount as long as their program of study relates to their current job.
To learn more about the tuition waiver program and tax requirements, visit humanresources.tennessee.edu/benefits/assistance/. Remember, discounts are available for spouses and dependents, too.Tags: Employee Benefits