Technical Specialist III
Performs technical tasks in the maintenance, operation, and modification of complex communications and electronic equipment.
- Designs, develops, constructs, and modifies complex data communications and electronics equipment.
- Maintains and operates complex equipment and assists in the installation.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair on malfunctioning equipment to include modification, replacement of parts, adjustment, and calibration.
- Provides technical assistance, instruction, and consultation in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Recommends purchase or acquisition of products and equipment.
- Assists in determining cost estimates for projects.
- May make work assignments; assists in employee training.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and five years experience in field or completion of specialized training plus four years experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.