Technical Specialist I
Constructs, operates, maintains, and repairs electronic, electrical, mechanical, and telecommunications equipment.
- Designs and demonstrates telecommunications systems.
- Fabricates and assembles components as specified.
- Inspects and repairs instruments or components, following predetermined schedule of preventive maintenance.
- Selects materials and components needed for completion of designs, fabrications, and repairs.
- Provides technical assistance, instruction, and consultation for the resolution of problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and four years experience in field or completion of specialized training plus two years experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.