Technical Assistant III
Performs technical functions in the construction, operation, and maintenance of electronics equipment and instruments.
- Constructs, installs, operates, maintains, and repairs electronic and communications equipment and experimental instruments.
- Operates test equipment to adjust and calibrate instruments.
- Provides technical assistance, instruction, and consultation in the resolution of electronic problems.
- Coordinates and prepares orders for parts and supplies; maintains records and prepares reports as required.
- Recommends purchases of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and three years experience in field or completion of specialized training. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.