Directly supervises staff performing a specific, narrowly defined activity. Provides hands on assistance or guidance to those supervised. Makes recommendations to modify operational procedures of functions supervised.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in carrying out departmental objectives in a unit.
- Reviews unit’s work load, schedules, personnel assignments, status of on-going work, projects, and available personnel for work assignment in order to plan unit activities.
- Assigns specific duties to personnel; conducts investigations or research; writes technical, informative, or operational reports and papers; or works on special projects.
- Reviews reports, papers, and other records prepared by personnel for clarity, completeness and accuracy.
- Routes approved reports and records to supervisor for action.
- Coordinates work activities of unit with other units, sections, or agencies to prevent delays in actions required or to improve services to public.
- Plans and conducts, or arranges for orientation and training of personnel.
- Approves leave requests, evaluates personnel performance, and initiates disciplinary actions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and three-four years of supervisory or directly related
Executive & Managerial