Staff Associate Architect
Designs and draws facilities structures. May supervise construction project.
- Works with administrators, academic officials, users and user committees to develop program requirements for facility needs; supervises studies to determine effective use of space and advise responsible officers on functional, qualitative, operational, and capital budget requirements of facilities as related to program needs.
- Coordinates the presentations for approval, the project definition, site and design of major individual projects.
- Coordinates the selection of consultants, solicitation of bids, and negotiation of contracts and fees for external consultants and contractors; serves as principal liaison between the University and contracting agencies retained for service on individual projects; provides liaison to construction management to enhance compliance with contract documents and evaluates final outcome of projects.
- Reviews and critiques proposals made by consultant architects for major individual university projects.
- Develops schematic studies, preliminary plans, working drawings, and specifications for minor buildings or renovations as necessary
- Examines projects under construction and ensures the maintenance of sound architectural standards; maintains interface with state, local, and federal officials and agencies to carry out projects.
- Advises members of construction administration on architectural matters and assists the interior design staff with architectural or design problems.
- Monitors and examines expenditure of funds of established project budgets.
- May supervise construction project.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture,Tennessee Board of Architecture license, and four-five years of experience.