Promotes the welfare of the community and of the individual.
- Interviews patients, their families and other concerned parties to obtain information about personal, social and environmental history; makes home visits for additional information as required.
- Evaluates data gathered in terms of the medical or psychiatric plan of treatment, available social service programs, and knowledge of casework or group-work.
- Participates in periodic staff conferences to present case histories; confers with other members of therapy team to develop comprehensive evaluations or plan pertinent therapy programs to provide maximum benefits for each patient.
- Prepares and maintains a case record for each patient to describe the nature of social problems and services suggested or provided.
- Assists patients and their families, through individual or group conferences, to understand, accept and follow therapy plans; provides services planned to improve or restore patients to optimum social and mental health.
- Maintains liaison with community agencies; participates in area activities related to health and welfare services.
- Accepts on-call responsibilities for after-hour coverage if required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree in Social Work and four-five years of experience.