Senior Library Associate III
Coordinates, performs, and provides work direction to others engaged in highly specialized library tasks such as acquisitions, cataloging, and circulation.
- Establishes authority headings and interprets and resolves cataloging authority conflicts.
- Resolves complex library wide bibliographic problems.
- Coordinates access to all electronic journals and reference tools.
- Manages and updates financial data for restricted fund accounts.
- Initiates contact with vendors to provide trial access to products being considered for purchase.
- Solves complex serial and periodical record problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and five-six years library experience. Two years of experience in a related area equates to one year of education.
Knowledge of library automated functions, cataloging rules, regulations, and resources including OCLC, LC classification and subject heads, MARC tags, cataloging authority procedures, and search procedures.