Security Guard III
Performs routine duties and responsibilities including providing personal and community safety at the university. Maintains a safe environment on university property governed by the enforcement of university rules and regulations.
- Serves as a lead Security Guard.
- Trains Security Guards I’s and II’s.
- Responsible for physical security of university property.
- Locks and unlocks doors of campus buildings.
- Issues citations for illegally parked vehicles on university property.
- Regulates pedestrian traffic control.
- Picks up and delivers mail as needed.
- Notifies UT Police of suspicious persons or perceived criminal acts.
- Provides customer service to staff, students, faculty, and visitors to the university.
- Operates university vehicles as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree or equivalent and one year of experience as a security officer. Valid Tennessee driver’s license, if operating a university vehicle. Good communication skills.