Security Guard I
Under direct supervision, performs routine duties and responsibilities including providing personal and community safety at the university.
- Responsible for physical security of university property.
- Locks and unlocks doors of campus buildings.
- Issues citations for illegally parked vehicles on university property.
- Regulates pedestrian traffic control.
- Notifies university police of suspicious persons or perceived criminal acts.
- Provides customer service to staff, students, faculty, and visitors to the university.
- Picks up and delivers mail as needed.
- Operates university vehicles as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree or equivalent. Valid Tennessee driver’s license, if operating a university vehicle. Good communication skills.