Professional Library Assistant
Oversees, supervises, and coordinates the activities of a specialized, technical, or broad unit. Performs professional librarian activities such as cataloging, acquisitions, collection development, and reference work.
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of a specialized, technical unit such as monographic acquisitions and/or cataloging.
- Coordinates complex projects with other library units and departments.
- Oversees and supervises activities of staff and student employees performing specialized activities. Trains and evaluates staff performance.
- Answers questions and interprets policies and procedures for library unit.
- Monitors expenditures and apprises librarians of budget status for multiple accounts.
- Resolves complex problems pertaining to policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participates in planning department goals and objectives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and five years related library experience which includes one year of supervisory experience.
Comprehensive knowledge of highly specialized or technical library services such as cataloging, acquisitions, collection development, and reference work.
Knowledge of automated library functions.