Print Supervisor II
Coordinates print shop duties; provides technical assistance, training, and instruction to designated personnel.
- Plans, schedules, assigns, and supervises the work of press operators and duplication center personnel; receives and checks job orders; makes work assignments on the basis of press capacity, ability of the personnel, and the equipment to be used.
- Ensures that promised delivery dates are met. Checks assigned jobs for correctness of format, quality of reproduction, and workmanship.
- Ensures an adequate stock of supplies.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper maintenance; performs minor repairs and seeks outside assistance for major repairs. Makes recommendations to administrative personnel on equipment purchases.
- Trains employees and makes recommendations concerning personnel.
- Prepares cost estimates and provides printing advice to customers.
- May participate in the operation of various presses and other duplicating equipment. Performs the more difficult printing assignments.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and six years experience in field or completion of trade school or apprenticeship plus five years experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
Skilled Craft (supervisory)