Print Supervisor I
Supervises and participates in print shop duties; provides technical assistance, training, and instruction to designated personnel.
- Plans, schedules, assigns, and supervises the work of press operators and duplication center personnel; receives and checks job orders; makes work assignments on the basis of press capacity, ability of the personnel, and the equipment to be used.
- Ensures that promised delivery dates are met. Checks assigned jobs for correctness of format, quality of reproduction, and workmanship.
- Ensures an adequate stock of supplies.
- May inspect equipment to ensure proper maintenance; performs minor repairs and seeks outside assistance for major repairs. May make recommendations to administrative personnel on equipment purchases.
- May train employees and make recommendations concerning personnel.
- May participate in the operation of various presses and other duplicating equipment. May perform the more difficult printing assignments.
- May assist with the preparation of cost estimates and may provide printing advice to customers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and five years experience in field or completion of trade school or apprenticeship plus four years experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
Skilled Craft (supervisory)